Friday, February 6, 2009

Fun Firsts

We have had a few firsts around here this week:

Victoria has had her first week of participating in our school co-op! She was such such a big, precious girl doing her project, listening during history, learning her memory work, and drawing during her art lesson! She was beaming when she talked about co-op back at home. These pictures are from our field trip to the NC Museum of History this week. I was proud of my big girl listening and learning about American Indians during the lesson there, too.


Mary Liz had her first sleep over party for her 9th birthday! Madeline and I both had a sleepover birthday party when we turned 9, so we had set the precedent for Mary Liz and Victoria. The funny thing is that Madeline and Alex didn't realize their sister was turning 9. They thought she was too young for a sleepover, telling her she had to be turning 9. Much to their surprise, they were missing a year in there somewhere when they counted. They were shocked at how grown up she really is!


Mary Liz went to her first dance tonight, and with the best date ever- her Daddy. As she got ready for the Dad-Daughter Valentine Dance, I could tell how special she felt. She felt just as loved and unique when she returned home with Mark. They made a memory tonight they will always treasure!





For the first time ever, I was the adult coach in the passenger seat while a permit-carrying child of mine drove real roads. I dreaded this, and had put it off as long as I could. I kept telling Madeline she's better off driving for her dad. To my surprise, I was much more relaxed than I thought I'd be. She's a good, cautious driver, and I'm not too bad as the coach.

Firsts can be fun!

1 comment:

  1. What sweet pictures! Why do they have to grow up so fast? As for Madeline driving..still can't handle that one! Hope y'all had a great day today!

    ReplyDelete