Sunday, October 25, 2009

Grand Memories

Mark and I were blessed with the opportunity to go to the Grand Canyon in May. Mark has a business trip to Las Vegas the first week of May each year. This year he really wanted me to go with him. I was thrilled when my parents happily agreed to keep all 6 kids! What a gift that was to us! The kids had a blast, and we enjoyed a much needed mini-vacation together. These are pictures of us in the indoor mall area at The Venetian, the hotel where we stayed.


Las Vegas was very different. The hotels are amazingly beautiful and luxurious. Walking down the street of the strip is difficult, since there are so many wrong places one can look. It was therapy sitting by the pool by myself one afternoon, just reading a book for leisure- not one for school. This is something every homeschooling mom should get to do from time to time!

When Mark's responsibilities in Las Vegas were completed we headed to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam.
We were able to see both the sunset on Thursday, and the sunrise on Friday morning at the Grand Canyon. We took the full moon ranger guided walk after sunset, too.

Looking at the Grand Canyon was an overwhelming experience. It made us want to sing hymns of praise to the Lord, our Creator. It's such a visible image of His greatness.

"The Mighty One, God, the Lord speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets." Psalm 50:1

"Let the name of the Lord be praised, both now and forevermore. From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised." Psalm 114:2-3


Ever since we've been home, I've thought back to how amazing the Grand Canyon was. We loved being there gazing at God's amazing work, and sharing such a special place together.
This is the view of Lake Mead at Hoover Dam. Below is a photo of Hoover Dam. We took these pictures during a short stop on the way to the Las Vegas airport.

When we got home, the kids were all so excited to have Daddy back! I think my parents, who took care of all of the kids all 5 days, may have been even happier to see us! I know they slept well that night!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! What a fun time for you...and what sweet parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing pictures! I know your time with just your hubby was priceless.

    ReplyDelete