Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You Otter See Them Swim!

My parents, my brother, and I were the 16th family to move into Wood Valley, back when it was in the beginnings of the new construction stage. When I was 9, Mary Liz's age, I used to bike down to the future sight of the swim and racquet club, and watch the pool and tennis courts being built. I spent 10 of my summers racing for the Wood Valley Otters. I've been to my own kids' meets there for 5 summers, so far. Tonight we had time trials at the practice swim meet, and I was such a proud otter mama watching my cubs!

Jacob was our new swimmer last year, and now he's a big 7-8 year old boy. He's doing so well. Our newest otter this year is Victoria. She's just the cutest thing! Mary Liz continues to work hard and swim well!
Above- Victoria taking her mark for backstroke at tonight's meet.

Above- Jacob taking his mark, then below, he's swimming freestyle


Here Jacob is swimming backstroke.

Victoria enjoys a well-deserved treat after braving the otter water at her first swim meet!

1 comment:

  1. So SWEET! I can't believe V is on a swim team...that is fabulous! Tell Jacob that I expect to see him in the Olympics some day...great post and I love your blog makeover..makes me want to find my flip flops and go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete